Friday, May 27, 2011

Callie Vee Collage

Today I finished reading the book "The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate", a book set on 1899, in Fentress, Texas. It's about a 12 years old girl trying to find her place in the world as a scientist, while her mother tries to train her in the cooking, knitting, music and embroidery arts, being the only daughter out of 7 kids.


It's a delightful story very easy to read, with a very inquisitive girl as the heroin, Calpurnia Virginia Tate. She actually remind me of my little boy who collects every little leave, petal or anything he founds around to see with the microscope.

As I read the story I couldn't help but imagine how Callie Vee would look like, so I made a little collage about her, how I pictured her clothes and some important elements of the book.

2 comments:

  1. Qué bonito el collage! Y el vestido que aparece en él es una monada <3

    Parece interesante la historia del libro, a lo mejor le echo una ojeada, que ahora llega el verano y habrá mucho tiempo libre :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiene muy buena pinta ese libro y el collage te ha quedado precioso!!!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, you make me happy and I smile.
Thank you SO much!

Cada vez que comentan, me hacen feliz y sonrío.
Muchisimas gracias!


Natalia L.
♥ ♥ ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...